In the context of its business activities, Coppernic is required to process information that relates to you.
This is because you are submitting personal data that allows us to identify you through several channels on our site. Your navigation on our website, your subscription to our newsletter via the subscription form, for example, are all channels through which we collect personal information.
Coppernic is committed to protecting your personal data and respects your privacy.
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
Law 78-17 of January 6, 1978 amended relating to data processing, files and freedoms.
We only collect your personal data in the cases provided for by the regulations in force:
- The execution of a contract we have entered into with you, and/or
- Compliance with a legal obligation, and/or
- We have obtained your consent to the use of your data, and/or
- The existence of a legitimate interest in the processing of your data. Legitimate interest is a set of commercial or business reasons that justify Coppernic’s use of your data.
If you have any questions related to this document, please contact Coppernic’s legal department at (email@example.com).
The data controller referred to in this document is Coppernic, a simplified joint stock company with a capital of €100 000, registered at the Aix-en-Provence Trade and Companies Register under the number 509 059 572, whose legal representative is Mr Kevin LECUIVRE and whose headquarters is located at 20 rue Georges Claude – ZI Les Milles – 13290 Aix-en-Provence – France.
1. Data collection
1.1. Data transmitted directly
During the various contacts we have with you, you may be asked to provide us with information relating to you.
The following are the identifiable collection points on our site:
- Subscription to the newsletter via the subscription form
- Creation of a ticket for a support request via the support.coppernic.fr website
- Repair request from our customer section
- Notification of a non-compliant delivery from our customer section
- Contact request via the contact form
- Contact request for a project via the project form
- Creation of an account on copperpro.coppernic.fr
- Submission of an unsolicited application for a job via the application form
- Submission of an application for a job offer published on the coppernic.fr website
Les données récoltées depuis ces points sont notamment :
- First Name
- Email adress
- Sector of activity
- Cover letter
- Any other information you wish to share with us via the “Message” fields.
This data may concern information necessary for the commercial relationship established in advance when signing the commercial contract between Coppernic and your company.
1.2. Data collected automatically
We collect information about your connection and browsing habits each time you visit our website. The main technology used to collect this data is the cookie.
1.2.1. Data collected by standard Internet technologies
A cookie is a text file stored in a specific area of your computer or mobile device hard drive when you visit an online site, application or ad. Cookies are managed by your Internet browser and only the issuer of a cookie can decide whether to read or modify the information stored there.
For more information, please visit our cookie management page.
Coppernic uses the Google Analytics cookie for the correct functioning of its website.
1.2.2. Data collected by standard Internet technologies
1.3. Data provided by mobile devices
Some mobile devices transmit information, including phone model, operating system version, connectivity type. This data is automatically processed by our servers and some of our partner servers (including OVH and Google Analytics), to provide you with a service and measure traffic to our website.
1.4. Data relating to minors
In principle, our products and services are intended for adults who can enter into contractual obligations.
www.coppernic.fr is not intended to be used by minors.
The minor user must obtain consent from their legal guardian before disclosing any personal data relating to them.
1.5. Exclusion of all sensitive data
Coppernic collects no sensitive data about you. Sensitive data are considered to be all those listed in Article 9 of the GDPR and in particular: personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. If such information is disclosed to us in any way, it shall be deleted.
2. Purpose of processing
In this article, we present the purposes for which we process your data mentioned in Article 1.
2.1. Operations necessary for the provision of products or services
- Management of the subscription to our newsletter
- Customer relations: a person available to respond to your questions via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Transmission of information on the modification or evolution of our products;
- Management of the exercise of your rights to your personal data, under the conditions provided for in Article 7.
2.2. Marketing and business development operations relating to Coppernic’s publications, products and services
- Email marketing
- E-mailing related to product or service changes
- E-mailing related to marketing offers
- Development of business statistics
- Development of a database that includes all our customers and their personal information.
- Development of a database dedicated to prospective customers, who have contacted Coppernic via the website.
- Development of a database dedicated to candidates who have applied to job offers at Coppernic.
- Customised sales prospecting actions
2.3. Operations related to commercial partnerships
Use of our database to promote partner products.
2.4. Purpose of cookie storage on your browser
2.4.1. Operation and optimization of navigation on our sites and applications
- Adapting our site and application presentation to your device display preference (language, display resolution, operating system, etc,.) during your visits, based on the display or reading hardware and software that your device contains;
- Memorization of information in a form you completed on our site (contact or access to your account) or to products, services or information that you chose on our site (service subscribed, content consulted, purchase completed, etc,…);
- Provision of shared tools on the social networks;
- Management of our platforms and execution of internal technical operations for problem solving, data analysis, testing, research and analysis.
- Implementation of security measures;
- Quality measures to ensure that our content is displayed in a manner appropriate to your device.
2.4.2. Attendance and audience measurement
- Establishment of statistics and attendance and usage volumes for the various elements of our site (sections and content visited, browsing), we use the Google Analytics measurement tool to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services;
- Improved customer/user knowledge for customization purposes.
3. The duration of data storage
Your personal data are stored for a period of time in accordance with the legal provisions or in proportion to the purposes for which they were recorded. As specified in the introduction, some storage periods are in Coppernic’s legitimate interest.
Storage periods vary depending on whether we have an ongoing contractual relationship (you are an active customer), whether we have had a contractual relationship with you in the past (you are an inactive customer) or whether we have never had a relationship with you (you are a prospect). Data related to your browsing our online services and collected by the cookies you have authorized, have a specific storage period.
- Active customers: The objective of data collection and storage is to manage customer relations as effectively as possible, to keep them informed of product developments and innovations in our solutions. Data are stored for the duration of the contractual relationship.
- Inactive customers: The objective of data storage for our inactive customers is to be able to continue to send them information on their products and developments to our solutions. Data are stored for 3 years from the cancellation date or last customer contact. To meet other legal requirements, certain data may be stored for longer than three years.
- Prospects: The purpose of data collection is to build and manage a database of prospects. Data are stored for 3 years from the date of cancellation or last customer contact.
- Newsletter subscribers: Emails from our newsletter subscribers are collected and stored so as to send them our newsletter. Data is stored until the person unsubscribes from the newsletter.
- Data generated by cookies: The Coppernic website uses Google Analytics cookies to analyze and measure website traffic and Internet browsing habits. These data are stored for 13 months.
4. Access to the data we store
4.1. Data access within Coppernic
Liable to have access to some of your data, are:
- Employees in the marketing and sales departments.
- Data collected via the website and Coppernic’s webmarketing actions are stored on a secure computer network to which only Coppernic employees have access on the basis of authorizations issued by the IT department.
- Data collected via the various forms on the site are recorded on files in an office software programme, which in turn are recorded on the computer network with restricted access.
- These files are 3 in number: contact, application, newsletter.
- The file in an office software application in the newsletter database is protected by a password to which only marketing department employees have access.
- Other contacts (customers) are recorded on a CRM software package to which only Coppernic employees have access on the basis of authorizations issued by the IT department.
- Employees are subject to a confidentiality obligation when they sign their employment contract.
- Data protection awareness actions are also regularly organised within the company.
4.2. Data transmission
Liable to have access to some of your data, are
They provide services on our behalf, including:
- Telephone call management, postal or digital mail
- Emailing (via the SendinBlue platform)
- Maintenance and technical development operations
- Provision of analytical solutions or audience measurement statistics (Google Analytics, WordPress)
Social networking platforms
The use of social networks to interact with our websites and applications (including the “share” buttons on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram) can lead to data exchanges between Coppernic and these social networks. For example, if you are connected to the Linkedin social network and you visit a page on www.coppernic.fr, Linkedin may collect this information. Similarly, if you visit an article on www.coppernic.fr and click on the “tweet” button, Twitter will collect this information. For more information on the collection and processing of your data, please consult the personal data management policies of the various social networks.
Our business partners
Coppernic currently has no advertising space on its site, however, you may visit coppernic.fr via other sites that do. They promote products or services on their own behalf or on behalf of advertisers. We would like to remind you that if you decide to subscribe to the products or services of our business partners and allow them access to your information, in particular by connecting to their websites or applications, their privacy policies and cookie deposits are transferable to you. We have no control over the collection or processing of your data by our business partners on their platform.
Police, judicial or administrative authorities
When we have a legal obligation to do so, or to guarantee Coppernic’s rights, property and security.
5. Data transfer outside the EU
We store your personal data in the European Union, unless you are based in North America and request our equipment repair services. Your request will be transferred to our North American maintenance centre.
6. Data protection
As data controller, we implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in accordance with the applicable legal provisions to protect your personal data against alteration, accidental or unlawful loss, use, disclosure or unauthorised access, including:
- The implementation of a service dedicated to information system security/li>
- Raising awareness of the confidentiality requirements with our employees who need to access your personal data;
- Securing access to our premises and IT platforms;
- Securing data access, sharing and transfer;
- The high level of data protection requirements when selecting our subcontractors and partners.
7. Your rights
7.1. Your rights of access to your personal data
You have the right to access your personal data and to request that it be amended, completed or updated. You may also request the deletion of your data or object to its processing, provided that you can prove a legitimate reason.
You may request portability of your personal information, i.e. the right to receive the personal data that you provided to us in a structured and commonly used format and to transmit these data to another controller.
Finally, you can formulate guidelines for the storage, erasure and communication of your personal data after your death.
You can exercise your rights by contacting Coppernic at the following address: 185 avenue Archimède, 13587 Aix-en-Provence cedex 3 or by email: email@example.com.
Before responding to your request, we may verify your identity and/or request that you provide us with more information to respond to your request. We will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable time and, in any event, within the time limits set by law.
In the event of an unsatisfactory response, you can file a complaint with a supervisory authority, the CNIL (The French National commission for information technology and civil liberties).
7.2. Your rights to object to commercial solicitations
Commercial requests by electronic means (e-mail)
We comply with the provisions of article L.34-5 of the French post and electronic communications code, which provides for the prior and express collection of your consent to send commercial prospecting by electronic means (e-mail, push notifications or SMS). However, your express prior consent is not required when you are already a Coppernic customer and the purpose of our solicitation is to offer you products or services similar to those that we already provide to you. In any case, you can also opt out of receiving these solicitations by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each e-mail.
7.3. Cookie management and right to object
Saving a cookie on your browser device is subject to your consent. You may accept or reject the cookies placed on your device at any moment, either by configuring your web browser or online with the various operators.
In order to manage cookies to suit your requirements, we recommend that you configure your browser to take into account the intended purpose of the cookies.
To exercise your choice, please visit our cookie management page.